S T U D S E R V I C E S
We have several quality stallions standing at stud.
In loving memory of Gogarty (IRE)
* Gogarty was a 16.1 hand Irish Thoroughbred stallion. He was sired by Tate Gallery (Northern Dancer x Fairy Bridge), and out of Brews
Bridge (Thatching x Little Bitty Tear).
* Stakes-placed winner in California and Ireland with earnings of $486,027.00.
* Won 19 races from 6.5 to 9 furlongs on dirt and turf, including consecutive one-mile events at Hollywood Park in 1:34.1.
* Ran second to Arlington Million -- G1 winner Star Of Cozzence at Del Mar, while defeating G1 SW Super May.
* By European Leading Sire Sadler's Wells' G1 -- winning brother Tate Gallery.
* From the family of champions Alflora, Ardross, Castletown, and Magic Night (FR). Inbred 4x4 to Forli.
* Started 73 times, won 19, placed in 15, showed in 7.
* Retired sound.
* Well Said is a 16.3 hand 2003 registered Thoroughbred brown stallion.
* Well Said is sired by Aptitude (A.P Indy -- Dokki), and is out of Few Choice Words (Valid Appeal -- Allouette).
* Well Said is a Grade 3 Stakes placed winner with 10 starts, 3 wins, 2 places, 2 shows, and career earnings of $128,060.
* Well Said twice defeated Brilliant, Grade 2 stakes winner and Grade 1 stakes placed winner of $726,797.
* Well Said was 3rd to Master Command and Patriot Act in the Mineshaft Handicap Grade 3 (8.5F), defeating Purim, Grade 1 stakes winner of $928,543.
* Well Said was 4th to Lawyer Ron, Red Raymond and Steppenwolfer in the Rebel Stakes Grade 3 (1 1/16 miles), defeating Kip Deville and Private Vow.
* Well Said is sired by Aptitude (A.P. Indy -- Dokki).
* Aptitude is a multiple Grade 1 winner of $1,965,410, winning the Jockey Club Gold Cup- G1 and the Hollywood Gold Cup- G1 and placing in both the Kentucky Derby- G1 and the Belmont- G1.
* As of late 2009, out of 367 foals, Aptitude had 279 runners, 185 winners, 44 two year old winners, and 10 stakes winners, with earnings of over $13 million.
* Aptitude sired two Kentucky Derby contenders in his first two crops, including Steppenwolfer ($653,459).
* Aptitude is also the sire of Great Hunter, Grade 1 winner of $970,500.
* Aptitude is sired by A.P. Indy (Seattle Slew -- Weekend Surprise).
* "If the modern commercial era of American Thoroughbred breeding has produced the perfect equine embodiment of its principals, that horse would have to be A.P. Indy" -- John P. Sparkman
* A.P. Indy was multiple Grade 1 Classic winner of $2.9 million, and was Eclipse Champion 3 year old male in 1992 and 1992 Horse of the Year.
* A.P. Indy was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2000.
* A.P. Indy was a $2.9 million yearling, the most expensive price of the year.
* A.P. Indy has sired 1,054 foals, 808 runners, 572 winners, 150 two year old winners, 23 two year old stakes winners, and 135 stakes winners, with total progeny earnings of over $111 million, with average earnings per starter of over $137,000, and is the sire of 10 Champions.
* Aptitude is out of Dokki (Northern Dancer -- Alluvial).
* Dokki is the dam of 12 foals, 9 runners, 6 winners, and two stakes winners.
* Dokki is the dam of Aptitude, multiple Grade 1 stakes winner of $1.9 million, as well as Sleep Easy, Grade 1 stakes winner of $463,654.
* Well Said is out of Few Choice Words (Valid Appeal -- Allouette).
* Few Choice Words started 6 times with 3 wins and 1 place, winning $76,408.
* Few Choice Words is the dam of 7 foals, 6 runners, 6 winners, and 2 stakes winners, including:
* Well Said, Grade 3 stakes placed winner of $128,060.
* Silent Valor, Grade 3 stakes winner of $144,180.
* Miss Jeanne Cat, stakes winner of $52,754.
* Miss Jeanne Cat is the dam of a 2004 colt by Officer that sold for $240,000 as a yearling at auction.
* County, winner of $146,860, and sold at Keenland for $112,000 as a weanling.
* Aitcho, winner of $161,100, and sold at Keenland for $435,000 as a yearling.
* Few Choice Words is sired by Valid Appeal (In Reality -- Desert Trial).
* Valid Appeal was a Grade 2 stakes winner of $201,734.
* Valid Appeal sired 790 foals and 88 stakes winners, including 21 Group or Grade 1 stakes winners, and at the time of his death, had progeny earnings of over $45 million.
* Valid Appeal was one of Florida's all time leading sires and a world class broodmare sire.
* Valid Appeal's daughters have produced Champion and Breeder's Cup Filly and Mare Turf Grade 1 stakes winner, Perfect Sting, Canadian Champion, Exciting Story, and Grade 1 stakes winner, Sydney's Dream, among others.
* Few Choice Words is out of Allouette (Proud Birdie -- Madame Defage).
* Allouette was a winner of $55,146.
* Allouette produced 14 foals, 11 runners, 9 winners, and 1 stakes winner.
* Allouette produced Nannerl, multiple Grade 2 winner of $553,465, and the only full sibling to Few Choice Words.
* Nannerl sold in foal to Storm Cat for $1.25 million, and the resulting foal sold for $850,000.
* Allouette's daughter, Etoufee, produced Earth Living, winner of $714,637.
* Allouette's daughter, Wild About Bridget, produced Kapanga, winner of $147,600 in 7 starts.
* Well Said's 3rd dam, Madame Defage, was a stakes placed winner of $45,427.
* Madame Defage produced Fact Finder, multiple Grade 1 winner of $849,231.
* Well Said is correct, leggy, extremely good looking and a huge mover with a sweet attitude.
* Well Said is standing at at in 2014 for a stud fee of $1,000.00 LFG.
* Maxamax is a 16 hand 2000 registered Thoroughbred grey stallion.
* Maxamax is by the great Mr. Prospector (Raise A Native -- Gold Digger, by Nashua), and is out of Maxzene (Cozzene -- Jacky Max, by Sexton Blake).
* Maxamax sold for $800,000 as a yearling at auction.
* Mr. Prospector is arguably one of the greatest sires of the 20th century, siring 181 stakes winners.
* Maxamax is standing the 2014 season for $1,000 LFG.
In loving memory of Wind In The Sky
Wind In The Sky
* Wind in the Sky is sired by Sky Classic (Nijinsky x No Class), and out of Before The Wind (Relaunch x Spinnakers Flying).
* Wind is a 1998 15.3 hand dapple grey.
* Wind is gorgeous, muscular, correct, solid-boned, and good natured.
* Wind ran 44 times, won 7, placed in 6 and showed in 6 races, winning a total of $53,591.00.
* Wind's foals are big, healthy, correct, gorgeous, and good movers. He has sired several crossbred and several purebred foals, and they are predominately grey.
* Wind In The Sky's sire, Sky Classic, was Champion Turf Male in the US and Canada, Champion Older Male in Canada, Champion 2-year old in Canada, with winnings of $3.3 million dollars.
*Sky Classic's progeny earnings are over $45 million, with 58 stakes winners (8%), 104 stakes horses (18%), and 6 Champions out of 680 foals, 574 runners, and 430 winners.
*Sky Classic is in the top 20 sires in Kentucky by average per starter at an average of $79K per starter.
*Wind in the Sky's sire, Sky Classic, is sired by Nijinsky (Northern Dancer -- Flaming Page), and out of No Class (No Double -- Classy Quillo).
*Sky Classic's sire, Nijinsky, was English Triple Crown winner and sire of 851 foals, 655 runners, 461 winners, and 155 stakes winners.
*Sky Classic's dam, No Class, is a Reine-de-Course, and dam of 8 foals, 7 winners, 6 stakes winners including the four Champions, Sky Classic, Regal Classic, Grey Classic, and Classy and Smart, plus the Grade 1 stakes winner, Always A Classic.
*Wind in the Sky's dam, Before the Wind, is sired by Relaunch (In Reality -- Foggy Note), and is out of Spinnaker's Flying (Grey Dawn -- Sea Regent).
*Spinnaker's Flying was a multiple stakes winner of $237,019. Spinnaker's Flying is the dam of the graded stakes winner Fly Smartly (Smart Strike), winner of $329,772, the multiple graded stakes-placed Longship (Smart Strike), winner of $118,242, See the Wind (Sky Classic), winner of $229,096, and With the Wind (A.P. Indy), winner of $103,540.
*Before the Wind is sired by Relaunch, multiple graded stakes winner of $278,100. Relaunch sired several multiple Grade 1 stakes winners, including Honour and Glory, One Dreamer, Waquoit, and With Anticipation.
Oh My Stars
* Oh My Stars is sired by Not For Love (Mr. Prospector -- Dance Number), and is out of Vicki's Vixen (Wolf Power -- Run Nicoma Run).
* Oh My Stars started 21 times, with 4 wins, 4 places, 3 shows, and career earnings of $110,332, running mostly at Belmont and Aquaduct.
* Oh My Stars sold for $210,000 in the Fasig-Tipton Midatlantic 2004 Eastern Fall Yearling Sale.
* Oh My Stars is sired by Not For Love, leading sire in North America outside of Kentucky for the last 6 years, with over $51 million dollars in progeny earnings.
* Not For Love has sired 734 foals, 596 runners (81%) 478 winners (65%), and 66 stakes winners (9%), with average earnings per starter at $87,378 at per starter, and 21% stakes horses out of starters in his career.
* In 2008, he was the first stallion in history outside of Kentucky to reach the $6.4 million dollar mark in progeny earnings acheived in one year. He has dominated the Maryland Million for the last decade, with his runners accounting for 21 wins, one shy of the record. His progeny have earned in excess of $4 million dollars per year for 9 years in a row.
* Not For Love started 29 times, with 6 wins, and earnings of $178,870.
* Not For Love is a full brother to Champion 2 year old and Multiple Grade 1 stakes winner of $1,142,532, Rhythm.
* Not For Love's dam, Dance Number, (Northern Dancer -- Numbered Account) was a Grade 1 stakes winner of $415,418, and dam of 6 foals, 6 runners, 6 winners, and 2 stakes winners.
* Not For Love is sired by the sire of sires, Mr. Prospector, who himself was a $220,000 yearling, and a multiple stakes winner of $112,171. He was leading sire by number of lifetime stakes winners, with a total of 181 stakes winners, including 18 European or North American Champions, out of 1,178 foals.
* Oh My Stars is the only foal out of the multiple stakes placed mare, Vicki's Vixen, winner of $102,532.
* Vicki's Vixen is sired by Wolf Power (Flirting Around -- Pandora).
* Wolf Power was a multiple Grade 1 stakes winner, and was Champion 2 year old colt in South Africa (1981), Champion Older Horse in South Africa (1983), and South African Horse of the Year (1984), setting ot tying eight course records, and was the first South African horse to run a sub- 1:34 mile. He was the all time leading money earner in South Africa at the time of his retirement.
* Wolf Power sired 500 starters, 384 winners, 38 stakes winners, and progeny earnings of over $23 million dollars.
* Vicki's Vixen's dam, Run Nicoma Run (John Alden -- Run Equine Run), is the dam of three stakes placed horses, including Vicki's Vixen (Wolf Power), Ekundu (Wolf Power), and Salute and Run (Salutely).
* Oh My Stars is a 16 hand 2003 bay stallion.
* Oh My Stars is beautiful, correct, muscular, and good natured.
*Oh My Star's first crop of foals are outstanding, being very correct, muscular, and good natured, like their sire.
* Oh My Stars is leased out to Legacy Farm in Alabama.
In Memory of Dandardel Lusty K (Syr) (1994-2003).
* Syr was sired by the famous Farnley Kernel (Farnley Pellinore x Farnley Ceres), and was out of Dandardel Biretta (Farnley Strephon x Farnley Biretta).
THANKS-A-LOT Farm is located in West Virgina. You can write to us at:
1583 North River Road
Augusta, WV 26704
Or call us at (309) 376-2144 or (309)750-0068
Or e-mail us at email@example.com (E-mail may be sent to Katrina or Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org)
back to top